Why have so many people been bringing it up recently? I'm not mad or anything, but so far, a lot of people in the last month or two have shown up on here after hearing about it on SA and I know everyone didn't hear about it on the same thread. A lot of people seem to be talking about the IR/SA conflict recently, so much so that this MB has been more active in the last two months than it's been in years (with the exception of some SAMBers staying here for a few days during a conflict on the SAMB in 2016).

Why are so many people bringing it up right now? Did a famous oldie mention it and now people are curious or was this like some New Years thing or is it people leaving and mentioning it when they mention old memories in their leaving posts (I know one or two people did that) or something else entirely? Why all the curiosity about IR?

Not mad or angry, just baffled. Any clarification would be welcome.

Hazel

Respect IR

Remember Emerald

"See the world not as it is, but as it should be."

My Blog: /301450

I guess they haven't seen any topic about it on the SAMB?

Fav Zelda Game: Skyward Sword

Fav Metroid Game: Uhhhhhhhh idk maybe Samus Returns from the GB?

Fav OW Hero: Tracer (Even tho she's LGBTQ+)

Fav Pokemon: CHARIZARD!

Nerd extraordinaire!

#RestInPeaceEmerald

Check out my dream journal! /320332 (IR)

Well, most of the oldies of SA who were back then have mostly left, so it is weird there would be a sudden burst of interest. And we're sure as hell the mods didn't mention them. Oh the mods. From revered heroes to biased tyrants.

cleverdragon76 aka ClassifiedDragon108 

I am Billy

Remember Emerald

Bring Infinity ring back

This is the most recent link spiritanimals.scholastic.com/forums/topics/311872#post_4290023

I am Billy

Remember Emerald

Bring Infinity ring back

@Green Dog

But people haven't really talked about it since a few months after the last of the conflicts ended, which was years ago. Why now?

@Billy

Exactly. What's bringing up all this IR/SA stuff?

Ah, the days when we looked to moderators like our heroes. When we made our own Posts of the Week threads (POW) whenever Jon Z couldn't and enjoyed seeing Gavin B. When IR was actually a part of the Scholastic MB updates. It feels like a lifetime ago.

There is one good thing about people mostly forgetting about this place though. It keeps the old MB format and not the weird new one that basically every other MB has a variation of now.

*sighs* I looked at the thread and they left out a lot of parts related to IR's side of the story, like the fact that the unofficial rules were written (we always shared the thread to new people on the MB) and that we were grieving for Emerald when all this was going on. That's the problem with second hand accounts. They're mostly in favor of one side of the story. Oh well, let them think what they think. It's not like we can turn back time.

Hazel

Respect IR

Remember Emerald

@Billy

Just reread the posts on that thread and checked the original poster's post history around the time that initially went up. From what I can tell, a bunch of people on SA wanted to revive another MB that wasn't very active and those that heard of the Randomness War made sure to bring it up as an example of why that wasn't a good idea.

It feels good to finally have some answers, but what made people think that trying to "revive" that MB in the first place was a good idea?

Hazel

Respect IR

Remember Emerald

I think Jonathan kept a copy of the rules in a doc.

I am Billy

Remember Emerald

Bring Infinity ring back

Well Happeh brought it up a while ago when like half of us invaded Bearhaven which is now dead sooooo

Siggy remodel in progress!!!

-Hope

Yes, there was the Bearhaven incident or whatever you'd like to call it. Though I thought it was because an old SAMBer by the name of Rain made a leaving thread which mentioned the conflict. 

|||||||||F A W N|||||||||||

chasing shadows from my past

just as long as the sun can last

"So many ifs and could haves,

not enough I dids, you know?"

-Mimi

Hey you actually checked this sig for white ink. I like you.

I was forming this long rambling response to this problem, until I read CuteBulldog's aka: Fawn's Signature and then all my thoughts jumped ship.....

Nice coloring of the words. c: Really pretty!

Love mimi

He wears his heart

safety pinned to his backpack

His backpack is all that he knows

Shot down by strangers

whose glances can cripple

the heart and devour the soul

Emerald<3

What I find myself doing (as a SAMBer) is comparing things to how they were, and how they are now. If you look at all the message boards in comparison from, say, 2014 when I started, to now, it's simply incredible how much the activity has depleted. I'm amazed at how little conflict there is. So, I never bring it up to try to resurrect that time, but just to remember. 

I'm Windsong.

I am the weirdest person you will ever meet.

Misfits are often the sanest of people because they're the only ones who have the courage to be themselves.

I'm not beautiful

I'm not cool

I'm not perfect

But I'm kind.

#Equality

#Kindness