Hello, fellow geeks, nerds, dragons, trolls, Time Lords, and more! Welcome to Captain's Log, a forum newspaper about all things nerdy! I will do these once every week, preferably on Friday (I'm doing it today because I'm so excited). Every week, I will post bits of nerdy news (for ex: new Disney film), fun facts, a quote of the day, and more! Please feel free to comment, and if you have a question I will try to answer it ASAP. Also, if you know of any nerdy news that you think should be mentioned (because I can't focus on all fandoms at once!), and I'll check it out. Thanks!

Nerdy News Articles! 

1. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story cast announced. This past weekend, we learned a lot about upcoming Disney films. One of these announcements is the new Star Wars spinoff film, and some of the cast has recently been announced. The main stars are going to be Felicity Jones (The Theory of Everything, The Amazing Spider-Man 2), Diego Luna (The Book of Life, Elysium), Ben Mendelsohn (Slow West, Bloodline), Jiang Wen (Gone With the Bullets, The Sun Also Rises), Forest Whitaker (Southpaw, The Butler), Mads Mikkelson (Hannibal, The Hunt), Alan Tudyk (Serenity, Con Man), and Riz Ahmed (Nightcrawler, Four Lions). There were rumors that Sam Claflin (The Hunger Games, Snow White and the Huntsman) was going to be in it but the rumors are now extinguished.

2. Captain America: Civil War footage. At the same convention that the cast of the new Star Wars was announced, the third Captain America movie’s footage was shown (Dr Strange footage was too, but it was more of an animation than an actual trailer). Among the many things in the trailer were the Vision (Paul Bettany) in a suit (PLAYING CHESS!), Ant Man (Paul Rudd) fanboying over Captain America (Chris Evans), and, of course, Bucky Barnes (Sebastian Stan). Are you excited? I'm excited. 

3. Possible Agents of SHIELD spinoff? There has been talk of a spinoff of the spinoff of Avengers, and they plan to call it Mockingbird. It will be about Bobbi Morse, AKA Mockingbird (Adrianne Palicki), and may star her ex-husband and fellow SHIELD agent, Lance Hunter (Nick Blood). ABC has ordered a pilot for this show, so we can only wait and see what happens. Quite exciting, don't you think? 

4. Pokemon Fighting Game! A Pokemon battling game, called Pokken Tournament, will be available for the Wii U coming in early 2016. This isn't normal 3DS graphics; this has newer graphics. It looks fantastic (of course the old graphics look fantastic too!). 

Fun Facts: 

-Nearly 90% of people think of things they wish would happen before they fall asleep. 

-There have been bones of tiny people from millions of years ago that have been found, and scientists claim these are a lot like Hobbits. 

-Giraffes don't yawn. 

-Crushes are for people you like for four months or less. If you like them longer than that, then you love them. 

Quote of the Day: 

"On Thursdays, we're teddy bear doctors." -Dean Winchester, Supernatural

That's all this time! PLEASE give me tips or compliments, whichever, and I'll see you next Friday!

-Loki

L A K A E L / L O K I

"Oh, you fool

There are rules

I am coming for you

You can run,

But you can't be saved..."

-Yawning Grave, Lord Huron

MINIORITY GROUPS MATTER. 

HE WILL NOT DIVIDE US.

Holy-

All I can say is that this blew my mind and I will be back for more. As for a tip, maybe you could space things out a bit to make it easier to read? You don't have to, of course, and everything else is great!

{Name Here}

|insert deep book quote |

|favorite band|  

|age | pronouns mood |  

Bump

PS Great Job!

cleverdragon76 aka ClassifiedDragon108 

I am Billy

Remember Emerald

Bring Infinity ring back

I love it! Thanks for making this, Loki!

Icarus

she/they

there are too many holes in my soul

and not enough feathers on my wings.

as i fall towards the sea

tell me, tell me,

after i end, will the world sing?

This is amazing, Loki! Keep up the good work.

Maybe next edition, include some more stuff from the recent D23 Expo? :)

Aryandil

Ooh, this is really cool! Great idea!

Inara

Courage is one thing that no one can ever take away from you.

We are the choices we make.

And have to make.

We aren't anything else.

Awesome! I will definitely be checking back!

~Nimby-Chan~

-Clarinetist-

-Professional Shipper-

-Dancer-

-Manga Artist-

#AARMAU

We aren't nerds! Just mathematicians and smart people. :)

~ Evelyn ~

Just another forumer who likes books.

Slytherdo(a mixture of Slytherin and Gryffindor)

A friendly Mormon

"It is our choices that show us what we truly are, far more than our abilities. "-Dumbledore

Hope your day is going well. 

Infinity Ring is a multiplatform, time travel, action adventure book series. The epic begins in A Mutiny in Time by James Dashner. Join the quest to save history, and use your Hystorian's Guide to play the online game on the website or with the mobile app.

More from Scholastic for fans of Infinity Ring: Join the hunt for the 39 Clues! Follow Amy and Dan Cahill in this interactive, action adventure book series, beginning with The Maze of Bones by Rick Riordan. Start your own worldwide Clue hunt by going on the website to play online games and complete secret missions.

SCHOLASTIC, INFINITY RING, THE 39 CLUES, and associated logos are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Scholastic Inc.
© 2011 — 2017 Scholastic Inc. All rights reserved.